Sunday, May 4, 2014

Botanical Bird Secret Box with Video Tutorial

 I've made another Secret Box Book.  These are so much fun to make and fill.  This time I used the Botanical Tea Paper available at Alpha Stamps almost exclusively.
 Because my book needed a sheet of paper larger than 12x12 to cover it.  I used two sheets and put the seem down the spine which I then covered with a coordinating paper from the collection.  The nests are an old stamp from Alpha Stamps that I enhanced with glitter.  
 To hold my book closed I used seam binding (available in my shop or at Alpha Stamps) and tied it in a bow.
 Inside I added an image available in the Botanical Tea Collection.
I have a tutorial on how I created the box on my you tube channel.  Altered Book Box, Secret Box Tutorial. Many of you asked if I would put together a tutorial from the start of the project.  So I have created one to show you how I prepared the book for the box. 
If you watch this video followed by my Altered Book Box, Secret Box Tutorial you will have everything you need to create your own.
I hope you like what I have created.
It is available in my Etsy Store.

No comments: