Sunday, August 17, 2014

French Bird Cotton Pouch

 Before I took my summer break I had discovered a template to make this cute little pouch.  I made a few for a swap that I was in that were much simpler than this one. So I wanted to give it a try with a more creative design.  This is what I came up with.
 For this one I hand dyed and stamped the cotton.and hand sewed the silk ribbon roses.  Aren't the little birds egg centers just too much fun!
 I stamped and colored the little nest before attaching it.  
 And inside I lined the pouch with French blue lace. 
 Again I hand stamped and colored the Fluer de lis.
On the back you can really see the detail of the stamping.
All the stamps I used on this are available from Alpha Stamps.    
I have this one for sale in my shop.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Your pouch turned out just LOVELY! I love the blue ribbon.