Saturday, September 20, 2014

Envelope Art

Wendy from Bliss Angels hosted a fabulous Mail Art Swap.  We were paired with three other ladies and told "go" no rules just your imagination and it had to of course be mailable.  
I made my 3 all different.  
 This one is my favorite.  I hardly ever do anything with circus items and I don't have that many but I received the paper I used as a banner and just couldn't get that out of my mind.  The circus theme evolved from there.
 If you follow me you know that anything Ocean themed is my cup of tea.  So of course I had to create an envelope with that theme.  I wanted it to be a bit different and found this blue envelope in my secret stash.
 It's hard to tell but I covered the entire envelope in perfect pearls.  So shimmery and pretty.
 The swap didn't have to be mailed until the end of the month so I thought a Halloween themed envelope would be fun to receive.  
This one ended up being the most work and it is the one I like the least.  I hope that the recipient likes it better than I do.  

You can follow the progression of my pieces on Instegram, glittertartdesigns.

4 comments:

Diana Seal said...

Beautifully done Caroline! Love them all but I think the Circus one is definitely my favorite!!!
I never done any envelopes, sure need to play with some one day.
Thanks for sharing, have a great weekend!
Diana

Unknown said...

I like all three! The circus themed one reminds me of pick and mix because of the pink stripy background and I love the shimmery blue of the ocean themed one! The fish seem right at home :)

manomij said...

Yes I love them all too! I wished I could have been part of this! I love swaps and have not done any for ages. So glad you shared this at Paper Saturdays. I am glad you came by. ManonX

Unknown said...

I love all of these! Normally, the ocean theme would be my first pick but the circus one is stunning!! Putting you on the list for the next sew around. ;) Hugs ~ Heidi