Sunday, March 10, 2013

Lollipop kids ~ Mini Dome

Remember these guys?
Well now you won't be able to get that song out of your head for the rest of the day, sorry.
When I was putting together my Collage Sheets for The Wizard of Oz I wanted to include things from the book and movie (because if you don't know already they are very very different).  The Lollipop Guild Kids were a must. 
And creating with them was just as fun as putting them together on the Collage Sheet, Arriving in Oz (on sale right now)
The original images are by W.W. Denslow, I altered them heavily and created the lollipop's from scratch (my very first from scratch creation!)
In the movie they dance on part of the yellow brick road but I wanted them to look more natural.  Surrounding them with grass and flowers.
Don't the lollipops look good enough to eat.  However no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't get the darn sticks to be straight.  The dome doesn't wobble one bit but the sticks...oh well, guess it makes it more realistic.
I added seed beads to the Lollipop Kids hats and a bit more ink in their colors.
Bits of gold stickers finished everything off. 
I have plans to make another dome featuring some more of my Oz images, just hope I can find the time.  I'm working on my Altered Oz Blog Hop piece now and it is a very slow process. 
 
I hope you enjoy my Dome, it is available for purchase in my store, Glitter Tart Designs
International buyers, my policy on postage is to return any and all extra, the amounts I put up are based on what the USPS website tells me but they are wrong 99.9% of the time.

20 comments:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Wow, I love this piece. You are a phenom, Oz is just busting out all over at your glittery locale. Fabulous, Oma Linda

Ricki Treleaven said...

:D Oh, my, how cute!!! LOVE the little lollypop kids!

Heather said...

Love, love, love!

AppleApricot Wen said...

o wow, you're so creative Caroline! How do you come with all those amazing projects? Hugs, Wendy

Anonymous said...

Great piece of art!

Denise said...

As always perfect! So proud to own one of your designs.

peggy gatto said...

Your care in carefully putting details together is what makes your art shine!!!

Dreaming of Vintage said...

This is super cute!

Deann said...

Very cute wonderful artwork...well done! That's my favorite scene in the movie!

Fran said...

REally neat and cute idea. Looks like a labor requriing a steady hand and lots of patience.

Tiffany said...

So charming & lovely!
Caroline, it's clear how much work went into it. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. xo

www.dorissdaughter.com said...

I love the lollypop kids, they are my favorite munchkins! Beautiful work and unique idea

Wendy Aspinall said...

fun ... and oops I clicked on the song oh well brilliant project love it

Anonymous said...

What an adorable idea! Yes, I now have that Lollipop music in my head, thankyouverymuch! xx

Lori Saul said...

Amazing creativity!

Anonymous said...

Your little tykes surely are cuter than in the movie.....and I really admire all the hard work you did to create them! Just beautiful.

As a side note, my ex-soninlaw was scared of these guys!!! haaaa

Deborah Verhoeven said...

Oh, that is fabulous! I love your little dome.

Electra said...

I love all the special details of this!

Anonymous said...

Not only do I love this art piece I also ended up with a great big grin on my face from remaindering those little guys singing in the Wizard of Oz.

bluegiraffe (Sherry) said...

So cute!!! Great piece of art.